15 August 2013

Reappearing Act + France, You Hurt So Good.

Hey, happy people. Remember me?

Hmmm. (Insert that awkward silence where no one responds.) 

Although I don't blame you for abandoning this ain't sailin' ship, I passionately bid you to COME BACK, COME BACK! We have much silence to make up for. I miss our chats.

The last four months (four months... eek!) have been so sweet. Frankie has gone from wee to in constant motion, Julian is a bright explosion of light and limitless energy, and sleep is scarce. Thus, I made a subconscious decision to go into Essential-Operations-Only mode. Extremely limited socializing (sorry, NL vrienden), infrequent travel, and complete and disgraceful neglect of my far-away friends and family (sorry x a billion googolplexian). Reliable sleep still is MIA, but I'm ready for a comeback of sorts.

Zo

I'll begin a meandering game of catch-up in the coming days, in no particular order, starting with our week with Tony's mom and stepdad in France at the Château de BarbĂ©e farmhouse. The place was gorgeous, and as it reliably goes with me and France, I sulked a while on the drive home. I just hate leaving the old girl behind. The week was exactly what I needed - fresh air, sunshine, quiet, fresh mussels cooked at home, forests, fields. And, as an added bonus, a donkey named Hector who we were all quite enamored with. And an abandoned tennis court. With a bistro table. It was like someone made the place with me in mind.

Here's to reacquainting...

xxx+o,
j
 



*All photos were taken by me, except the first one. c/o Suzanne Milkus, my superterrific mother-in-law