11 October 2012

Dreaming of Vastness, Part II: Mongolia

mongolia
photo credit: Carlos Barria
I've always felt a magnetic draw towards Mongolia that I can't exactly articulate; perhaps it's because much of the culture revolves around peaceful existence and horses, or that the permanently populated areas are connected by a sparse network of questionable roads and endless stretches of steppe, desert, mountain, and forest.

It's my heartland, my spirit animal, the place I go to in my mind after a dark day.

In time, we shall meet. For now, I google.

xxx,
j

p.s. If you missed Part I, click hier.

mongolia
photo credit: Carlos Barria
mongolia
photo credit: Petr Josek
mongolia
photo credit: Charles Meacham
mongolia
photo credit: Lorne Matalon
mongolia
photo credit: Donna
mongolia
photo credit: Dann Tarmy
mongolia
photo credit: Fiona Easterby