Garlic Carrot Fries, for Baby or Otherwise
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg carrots, unpeeled and thoroughly scrubbed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Julienne all of the carrots (slice into thin matchsticks- here's a video showing you how)
- Preheat oven to 150C(fan)/175C/350F.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots with the olive oil and spices.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread the carrots in a single layer over the paper.
- Roast for 45-55 minutes, shaking the pan or flipping the carrots halfway through. They're done when the tips are beginning to brown and a fork can easily pierce the flesh.
- Let cool, freeze in a single layer overnight or for several hours, then drop into a freezer bag or freezer-proof container and take out as needed, reheating in the microwave, stovetop, or oven. Easy peasy!