05 September 2013

Divulgence

So, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.

Ok, so I won't. But Frank Warren will. Actually, he'll let you in on a lot of them. Dark, dirty, humiliating ones. Embarrassing ones. Small ones. Big ones. All told willingly, and anonymously. Founded in 2005 by Warren, PostSecret is a communal art project that allows nameless senders to send in their previously untold secrets. Select cards are scanned into the site and posted every Sunday, thoughtfully curated into a weekly gallery that ranges from obscene, sad, poignant and distressing, to completely hilarious. The concept was so well-received that it has since been rendered into five books. I can't think of a better Christmas present... for me. Just saying.

Only the current week's secrets can be seen on the site, but if you're jonesing for more, you can peruse the full archive here. It gets really, really addicting. Don't say I didn't warn you. Here's a sample of some of my favorites.

Tell someone a secret, happy people. Even if it's no one in particular, or everyone in particular.

xxx+o,
Jess
*All images c/o Frank Warren/PostSecret